We recently went to see a customer who had issues with her stove – smoke was coming into her lounge and setting off the CO alarm, clearly risky and dangerous to both the customer and her home.
Unbelievably, four chimney sweeps had previously visited the property to sort out the smoke problem and alarm, but they didn’t use CCTV and therefore did not find the problem. Not only that, they left her with a potentially dangerous appliance. There was a blockage right at the top of the flue which we identified and with a thorough sweep, removed the soot blockage completely.
The customer was delighted as for the first time in a while she had flames in her stove without any sign of smoke and no alarm. Her words were:
“Hi Martin. I lit my fire at 4 o’clock and all I can see is gentle flames burning nicely and no smoke coming out. It’s absolutely perfect and I can’t thank you enough. I wish I had called you first. You were the only one with CCTV which is what was needed. Thank you again”.